Here are five simple steps to create a winning webinar series and get if off to a successful start.
- Specify Your Series Objectives – know your objectives and measure the success of your individual webinars to get business results for each event and help you make mid-course corrections if you recognize there is a gap between current results and your goals.
- Identify Your Target Audience – a webinar series is most successful if it is geared towards a defined, ideally homogeneous target audience that has known problems and issues that you can help solve with your events. Locking in on your target audience also makes creating your event topics and marketing plan much easier.
- Identify Hot Topics and Speakers – you are better off with “A” topics and “B” speakers, rather than the other way around. Select from potential topic ideas to match top audience problems. Then, find the speakers who can successfully deliver that content to your audience. No one has unlimited time or budget, so prioritization is key
- Create Your Pilot Webinar – create a pilot webinar which includes a hot topic, good speaker, and aggressive marketing plan. The success of the first webinar could determine the viability of a series. Consider investing more resources in this pilot event than you will allocate to future webinars. And remember, those who register for the pilot webinar will be good prospects for future webinar sin the series.
- Run Your Pilot Webinar, Judge Results Against Objectives – the specific objectives and success metrics you established at the outset of the series should be measures against the results of the first webinar. While you will likely not be able to measure long-term impact in the short-run, have intermediate checks in place to drive decisions about future strategies and tactics for the series. Especially for marketers in larger organizations, it is better if you are more critical of your own work than the other employees or managers
For virtually ever webinar series situation, there are numerous opportunities to collaborate with outside organizations and individuals to help make your series more successful. You can uncover hot topics, recruit outside speakers and experts, access lists and promotional channels, get promoted via Twitter and other social media sites, and gain valuable, trusted content for your audience.
Those organizations that follow the tips above and leverage resources outside their organization are more likely to position their new and existing webinars series for success.